Monday, September 29, 2008

Barefoot - Apple Turnover

Barefoot Blogger Bonus!

Now go ahead and say that three times, as fast as you can!! Apple Turnovers were the bonus for September. You don't have to twist my arm! I hope I won't be kicked out of the Barefoot Bloggers for this....but I do have a personal favorite recipe...and so I used mine, but staying within the same idea. Hope that is okay... These are the most incredible little turnovers I have ever tasted. You will LOVE them...I promise!

Apple Dumplings

(Pioneer Woman Style)

1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cut into 8 slices

1 can cresent rolls

1 stick of butter

3/4 c. sugar

1 t. vanilla

cinnamon

1 sm. can Mountain Dew soda

Separate cresent rolls and roll a slice of apple into each roll. Place in a 8 x 8, greased, baking dish.

Melt butter and sugar together, bring to a boil and turn heat off. Add vanilla.

Pour sugar mixture over apple filled rolls. Pour Mountain Dew around edges of pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Top with a scoop of ice cream and dust with nutmeg.
Enjoy!!


3 comments:

Tami said...

I love your recipes and am so intrigued by the soda in this one so I cannot wait to try it! It looks so yummy :)

Liz said...

Uh yeah...I will be making this in the morning. Scrumptious!

Thank you!


Liz
www.lovingthismomstuff.blogspot.com
www.agiveawayaday.blogspot.com
www.justanotherliz.blogspot.com

Prudy said...

I've made some like this with soda, in a 9 by 13. They are really yummy.