Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Barefoot Bloggers - Wild Mushroom Soup

I love mushrooms, and I love Ina....so I thought this would be perfection and with a few adjustments, it was for me. Remember I live "on the farm" and so I cannot get all the gourmet mushrooms that the recipes called for. I substituted pure cremini instead of a mixture of different types. Also, when i was making the stock, I just couldn't bare to remove the vegetables so I just left them in and that was a great decicion!! I also added one clove of garlic. It did take a little time to make, The Darlings wouldn't eat it, and it is quite rich. I topped it off with some parmesan cheese, also a great addition.
I would make it again, but for adults only!!!
*I know...my post is late....sorry!

6 comments:

Suzie said...

Glad you enjoyed it - my darlings weren't that keen either. And your post isn't late!

Anonymous said...

Your post isn't late! I don't make my own stock because I consider it a terrible waste of perfectly good vegetables. Glad you liked the soup! If I were one of your kiddos, I probably wouldn't have touched it either though. haha. Me and mushrooms... we don't like each other too much.
~Cat

Christine said...

Your soup looks delicious and glad you enjoyed it. Next time I am going tot add the veggies to it! Your applesauce looks wonderful I really need to learn how to can stuff!

Cynthia's Blog said...

Yes, this is NOT a kid food. I don't think you post was late!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

We are not normally huge fans of mushrooms but this soup changed out minds...with the leftovers I made scalloped potatoes:D

webbie said...

Love the pictures. Your soup looks spectacular and sounds just as good.