Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My First Culinary Award!

Listen, I will take it! I have never cooked in a dutch oven, but am now inspired. At scout camp this past week there was a dutch oven cobbler competition and so for fun I entered. Mine was a Peach Dutch Oven Cobbler and it won!!
Here it is! It really was pretty! And here is the very simple recipe!
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler
1 yellow cake mix
3 large cans of peaches
1 cube of butter
cinnamon
In a number twelve dutch oven, rub the sides of the oven with butter, enough so that the cobbler won't stick. I noticed others using tin foil but I have not done that. Drain peaches and pour into dutch oven. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the peaches. Then top with chunks of butter all over the top. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Cover and bake for 40-50 minutes until it is browned on top.

"Team Cobbler" They were awesome helpers!

2 comments:

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

how could you not win! you rock. wtg! and fyi, i'm officially wimping out of my first month as a daring baker. i'm not daring enough to make something that will take longer than laboring my second child-- and won't be nearly as delicious! join 4 next month k!we can bake juntos!

Julie said...

I love a good cobbler and your looks wonderful.